Block paving is very desirable for many different driveways. The different designs you can choose from help break up the monotony of a driveway. Also, the many different colours add some excitement and can also help to boost your property values. However, there are two major problems with block paving that make it something of a headache. First, the different blocks can become dislodged, and you’ll end up with a few holes in your driveway. Secondly, weeds will eventually start growing between the blocks and ruin the look of your driveway. So, what’s the alternative?
The alternative is patterned paving in Stockton-On-Tees.
- Patterned paving involves cutting different patterns into the concrete while the concrete is still wet.
- Many people like this because the impression of blocks can be pressed into the pavement without actually using blocks.
- A patterned driveway will not be at risk of losing big chunks of the driveway.
- A patterned driveway will not allow weeds to grow in of your driveway.
- You’ll get the look of blocks without the stress of them.
- Furthermore, you’ll be able to expand beyond the look of blocks. There are many different patterns you can choose from.
You should look for patterned pavement in different colours as well. Since concrete is mixed as a liquid and then allowed to dry, pigments can be added to change the colour of the concrete. Unlike painted bricks or pavement, actual coloured concrete will be the same colour throughout. That means it won’t readily fade even after several years of being exposed to harsh sunlight.