Property management companies are used to manage properties as well as sources for tenants. If you are a property owner, you want to make sure that your building is managed and maintained so you can maximise your investment. That is why the choice for a property management company is important.
Whether you are a landlord of one building, own a multi-let, or preside over several properties, you need to rely on a property management company’s services.
How a Property Management Firm Can Help
The following list represents some of the ways that property management companies assist landlords or property owners.
- Marketing of properties or vacant rooms by Eastbourne letting agents
- Preparing rooms or properties for tenant use
- Screening tenants
- Preparing and initiating current rental contracts and licences
- Collecting rents
- Chasing late rents
- Providing monthly accounts of financial activities
- Coordinating maintenance activities
- End-of-year reporting services, including tax filing
- Continually maintaining and caring for properties
- Inspecting properties monthly
- Performing check-outs with tenants, including reviewing conditions and discussing deposit deductions, if necessary
Landlord-Based Information and Advice
Property management companies also offer landlords and property owners a number of helpful resources that they can utilise for their rental properties. Some of the guides or information include the following:
- Information on landlord duties
- Fire safety advice for landlords
- Licensing houses with respect to multiple occupation
- Electric safety for landlords
As you can see, there is a lot to consider when it comes to managing a property. That is why you need to turn over the activities to a reliable provider.